2018 Honda CB500X ABS
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Make life an adventure.
Whether it’s a canyon road or a painstaking commute, the CB500X handles it all. It’s equipped with a torquey 471cc parallel-twin DOHC engine that transforms point A to Point B into an unforgettable adventure. It also sports an upright handlebar, an adjustable, compact windscreen for longer rides, and a large-capacity fuel tank that’s designed to give the rider an unrestricted riding position. And since it’s priced right, you can start your adventure today.
Powerful, Torque Rich Twin-Cylinder Engine: The CB500X’s 471cc, liquid-cooled engine features parallel cylinders with dual overhead cams that deliver more than enough power and torque with excellent efficiency, thanks in large part to its electronic Programmed Fuel Injection.
Take It All In: The CB500X utilizes a classic upright riding position. This, and a wide handlebar, taller seat and a tighter knees-in fuel tank design, help you maximize your feeling of oneness with the bike and the road.
Accessorize Your Ride: Honda Accessories let you prepare for whatever you might find down the road. Choose from great options like hand guards, heated grips, lightbar, trunk, saddlebags and more.
- LED Headlight: With a clean, rough-and-ready look, the CB500X’s LED headlight and multi-facet reflector project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: An amber-tinted full LCD screen features digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- 12-Spoke Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500X’s lightweight 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels—120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear—are easy to keep clean, look great, enhance handling and are another CB500X feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Adventure doesn’t have to mean bottomless mud pits a continent away. Like your favorite blue jeans, the CB500X just looks right—tough, capable, no-nonsense. Plus, the adventure-bike posture and seating position let you move around freely—just like your jeans!
- Step Seat: The CB500X’s 32-inch seat height and unrestricted riding position offer freedom of movement for usage in both touring and commuting. You’ll find that it’s perfect for around-town riding and also offers plenty of room for a passenger.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500X’s diamond-shaped steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500X engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Adjustable Windscreen: The CB500X’s windscreen offers superior wind protection, and is adjustable so you can fine-tune your cockpit environment.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: The long stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 5.5 inches of travel, and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs.
- Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI): PGM-FI continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm disc; Combined ABS
- Rear Brake: Single caliper 240 mm disc; Combined ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17 radial
- Rake: 26.5 deg.
- Trail: 108 mm (4.25 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Seat Height: 31.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Model ID: CB500XA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Force Metallic Silver
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm disc; Combined ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single caliper 240 mm disc; Combined ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-17 radial
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.8 in.
- 26.5 deg.
- 108 mm (4.25 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Force Metallic Silver